CARNIVAL CRUISE LINE INTRODUCES NEW VEGAN DINING ROOM MENU
Chefs Create More New Food Options for Guests as Fleetwide Menu Additions Continue
MIAMI, Sept. 18, 2023 – Building on a fleetwide initiative to add even more options for guests in its dining rooms, Carnival Cruise Line is introducing new vegan menus, that have just been added on board Carnival Freedom in Port Canaveral, Fla. and Carnival Horizon at PortMiami. Going forward, the new vegan menus will be implemented fleetwide in a phased approach through the end of year.
At each meal in the ships’ dining rooms, the new vegan menus will offer a selection of appetizers, entrees and desserts that are entirely vegan. Carnival chefs created recipes for each menu item to be prepared without the use of animal products, and the proteins included are made from meat substitutes.
“Plant-based food options are a rising preference on our ships just as they are on land, and so the new dishes we’re introducing are a direct response to that shift,” said Richard Morse, senior vice president of food and beverage at Carnival Cruise Line. “Our skilled chefs work to accommodate all dietary needs and preferences but building on our vegan offerings and emphasizing them with specific menus will help to make ordering easier in the dining room and preparation more efficient in the galley.”
Options guests will find featured on the new vegan menus include:
- Hawaiian Salmon Poke – a refreshing starter that combines plant-based salmon, edamame, mango and cucumber.
- Stuffed Mushrooms – four fried mushrooms, stuffed with delicious plant-based cheeses and spinach.
- Spaghetti Carbonara – a flavorful pasta with vegan bacon, onion and garlic, this dish can be ordered as a starter or entrée.
- Grilled Tofu Steak – a savory tofu steak covered in honey barbecue sauce, accompanied by a Hasselback potato and mixed vegetables.
- Baked Vegetable Au Gratin – a medley of mixed vegetables, combined with vol-au-vent and sprinkled with melted plant-based cheeses.
- Eggplant Cutlet a la Parmigiana – a tasty entrée, covered in savory vegan mozzarella, topped with pesto and basil leaves.
- Key Lime Velvet Cake – a fruity spin on the classic key lime pie, this cake combines flavors of citrus with raspberry and strawberry.
- Dutch Double Chocolate Pave – with alternating layers of cake and buttercream frosting, this dessert is a chocolate lover’s dream.
- Cappuccino Pot de Créme – a treat with coffee flavors, surrounding cinnamon crème chantilly.
The new vegan-specific menus will be introduced throughout the fall. The new offerings were already piloted on Carnival Magic. Carnival Dream will be the next ship to implement the menus and by the end of this month, guests will be able to order from the menus on Carnival Valor, Carnival Radiance, Carnival Miracle, Carnival Panorama and Mardi Gras. Next, the new vegan menus will become available on Carnival Celebration, Carnival Sunrise, Carnival Glory, Carnival Conquest, Carnival Vista, Carnival Breeze, Carnival Sunshine and Carnival Elation by the end of October. Carnival Paradise and Carnival Spirit will introduce the menus by the end of November and Carnival Legend, Carnival Venezia and the new Carnival Jubilee follow before the end of December.
Carnival also continues to add dozens of other new dishes to its regular dining room menus fleetwide. Altogether, the new dishes are part of Carnival’s ongoing effort to bring more variety to its dining room offerings, which includes dishes curated by Chief Culinary Officer Emeril Lagasse in conjunction with Carnival chefs.
For additional information on Carnival Cruise Line and to book a cruise vacation on Carnival, call 1-800-CARNIVAL, visit http://www.carnival.com, or contact your favorite travel advisor or online travel site.
ABOUT CARNIVAL CRUISE LINE
Carnival Cruise Line, part of Carnival Corporation & plc (NYSE/LSE: CCL; NYSE: CUK), is the first cruise line to sail over 100 million guests and is proud to be known as America's Cruise Line, for carrying more Americans and serving more U.S. homeports than any other. For over 50 years, Carnival has continually revolutionized the cruise industry and popularized the cruise vacation as an affordable and fun travel option. Carnival operates from 14 U.S. and two Australian homeports and employs more than 40,000 team members representing 120 nationalities. Carnival currently operates 25 ships and is in an exciting period of growth with the addition of two ships over the next year.
MEDIA CONTACT: firstname.lastname@example.org