SEATTLE, September 12, 2019 – Seabourn, the world’s finest ultra-luxury travel experience, has received 14 top travel awards and distinctions in one month from highly regarded TIME, Cruise International, American Airlines Celebrated Living and Travel Weekly (U.S.) magazines. The accolades include best in luxury and readers’ choice selections, as well as recognition at other levels in a variety of categories for everything from being the best boutique cruise line and one of the world’s greatest places to best luxury cruise ships, design, onboard entertainment, marketing and loyalty program.
“We have a lengthy heritage of offering the highest quality luxury travel experience and are honored to be recognized as the best in travel by our guests, the publications’ readers, and our esteemed travel industry partners,” said Richard Meadows, president of Seabourn. “The entire Seabourn family, both on board our ships and ashore, are committed to deliver the finest ultra-luxury travel experience and create unforgettable, exceptional Seabourn moments for our guests. These honors are a testament to their dedication and we thank everyone who voted for us.”
The month’s honors include:
· “Best Boutique Cruise Line” – The British Cruise Awards – Named by the readers of Cruise International, the best-selling consumer cruise magazine in the U.K.
· “Best Boutique Cruising Experiences” – 2019 Platinum List – American Airlines Celebrated Living magazine.
· “World’s Greatest Places” - TIME – Editors from TIME selected Seabourn Ovation as one of 100 destinations, hotels and hospitality brands around the world that are breaking new ground, leading industry trends and offering visitors an extraordinary experience.
· Travel Weekly - Magellan Awards – Judged by top travel industry professionals, including Richard Bangs, executive producer and host of Richard Bangs’ Quests; Patricia Schultz, author of 1,000 Places to See Before You Die; CBS Travel Editor Peter Greenberg; Bruce Beckham, former CEO of Tourism Cares; Rob Kwortnik, professor at Cornell University School of Hotel Administration; and others.
· Six Gold Magellan Awards:
· Cruise Elements - Luxury Ship-Entertainment - Seabourn's Entertainment Offers Luxury of Choice
· Cruise - Overall-Mid-Size Cruise Ship (501-1200 passengers) - Seabourn Encore
· Cruise Elements - Luxury Ship-Suite Design - Seabourn Ovation's Wintergarden Suites: Thoughtfully Designed and Tastefully Curated
· Cruise - Overall-Luxury Ship - Seabourn Ovation: A Stunning Masterpiece
· Cruise - Overall-Small Cruise Ship (500 passengers or under) - Seabourn Sojourn
· Cruise - Overall-Loyalty Program - Seabourn Club Offers Valuable Benefits and Rewards to Loyal Guests
· Five Silver Magellan Awards:
· Cruise Marketing-Direct Mail - Seabourn 2020 World Cruise Promotional Package
· Cruise Elements - Luxury Ship-Atrium Design - Seabourn Ovation Features Stunning Six-Deck Atrium
· Cruise Elements - Luxury Ship-Spa Design - Spa & Wellness on Seabourn Ovation and Seabourn Encore
· Cruise - Overall-Education Program - Seabourn Delivers Unparalleled Level of Education for Travel Advisors with the "New Seabourn Academy"
· Cruise Marketing-Promotional Video - Seabourn Produces "Who Do You Follow" Video for Travel Advisors
Seabourn represents the pinnacle of ultra-luxury travel with intimate ships offering key elements that set the line apart: spacious, thoughtfully appointed suites, most with verandas and all oceanfront; superb dining in a choice of venues; complimentary premium spirits and fine wines available on board at all times; award-winning service and a relaxed, sociable atmosphere that makes guests feel at home on board. The ships travel the globe to many of the world’s most desirable destinations including marquee cities, more than 170 UNESCO World Heritage Sites, and lesser-known ports and hideaways in a total of more than 400 locations on all seven continents.
Regular guests of Seabourn will continue to find a number of innovative offerings and programs, including partnerships with a select group of companies and individuals whose dedication to superior quality, exceptional service and consistent customer satisfaction matches Seabourn.
Such programs include ‘An Evening with Tim Rice’, the new evening entertainment experience created exclusively for the line in association with Belinda King Creative Productions; ‘Shopping with the Chef’ excursions in select ports, with an expert Seabourn chef as guide to learn about regional markets and see how the freshest ingredients are selected; ‘Seabourn Conversations’ with special guest speaker including knowledgeable historians, naturalists, marine biologists, destination experts and more; Spa and Wellness with Dr. Andrew Weil, offering guests a holistic spa and wellness experience that integrates physical, social, environmental and spiritual well-being; and The Grill by Thomas Keller, reminiscent of the classic American restaurant from the 50’s and 60’s. Exclusive to Seabourn, The Grill is a unique culinary concept for Chef Keller, focusing on updated versions of iconic dishes. Guests will be treated to table-side preparations of Caesar salad and ice cream sundaes, as well as a range of other favorites like premium steaks, whole roasted chicken, and Lobster Thermidor, presented à la carte.
For reservations or more information, contact a travel professional; call Seabourn at 1-800-929-9391 or visit www.seabourn.com.
Seabourn currently operates a fleet of five modern ultra-luxury ships and is a proud member of World's Leading Cruise Lines. The exclusive alliance also includes Carnival Cruise Lines, Holland America Line, Princess Cruises, Cunard Line, Costa Cruises, AIDA, P&O Cruises UK, and P&O Cruises Australia. Seabourn is a brand of Carnival Corporation and plc (NYSE/LSE: CCL and NYSE: CUK). It is also the official cruise line partner for United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) to help protect World Heritage sites.
Find Seabourn on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Pinterest.
Seabourn is consistently ranked among the world's top travel choices by professional critics and the discerning readers of prestigious travel publications such as Departures, Travel + Leisure and Condé Nast Traveler. Its stylish, distinctive cruising vacations are renowned for:
1. Intimate ships with a private club atmosphere
2. Intuitive, personalized service provided by staff passionate about exceeding guests expectations
3. Curated voyages to all seven continents delivering award-winning experiences
4. All ocean-front suites, luxuriously appointed
5. Complimentary premium spirits and fine wines available on board at all times
6. Welcome Champagne and complimentary in-suite bar stocked with your preferences
7. Tipping is neither required, nor expected
8. Finest resort at sea that is masterfully designed
9. World-class dining, further enhanced through a culinary partnership with Chef Thomas Kelle
10. All dining venues are complimentary, dine where, when and with whom you wish
11. Seabourn Conversations, connecting with visionary experts
12. Ventures by Seabourn™, optional shore excursions, enhance and extend your experience in select destinations*^
13. Select purposeful and sustainable travel experiences in partnership with UNESCO*
14. Spa & Wellness with Dr. Andrew Weil, featuring an exclusive mindful living program*
15. An evening entertainment experience in collaboration with Sir Tim Rice†
16. Committed to environmental stewardship and sustainability
*Optional programs, for additional charge
^Available on Seabourn Odyssey, Seabourn Sojourn, Seabourn Quest, Seabourn Encore, Seabourn Ovation
†Not available on board Seabourn Venture